Some of you have seen this on my FB pages - for others it will give you a little background. Let's change #6 to "I will do an Ironman one day!"
1. I never thought that I would adjust to having seven dogs much less enjoy them beyond words.
2. You might be surprised to know that I have not eaten red meat for 26 years (minus a few pieces of bacon.)
3. My relationship with my father began and ended the same - we both adored each other (the middle- not so much)
4. When I was little I wanted to be a congresswoman – but there weren’t any at the time so I didn’t think I could.
5. On April 5, 1990 at 10:40 p.m. I lost everything in an apartment building fire that killed a 2 year old - things are just things.
6. I will run a marathon one day!
7. I don’t like living so far from Syracuse, but my house is one of the most peaceful places on earth - when the dogs aren't barking.
8. I can relate to "Ghost Whisperer" in a way that many people can not.
9. I have 7 nieces and nephews and hope that at least one of them will take care of me when I'm old!
10. No more female supervisors – it just doesn’t work out.
11. I regret not having what it takes to complete a PhD
12. My grandmother has been gone for 25 years and I still miss her.
13. My favorite color is emerald green (my birthstone) and my favorite number is 21 – is it because I was born on May 21st or did I just luck out?
14. I will always remember the day when, and the reason why, I first felt truly confident in my ability to do my job.
15. Not everyone finds their soul mate – but I did
16. I used to regret not having children, but now I know that they don’t have to be mine for me to make a difference in their lives and for them to make a difference in mine.
17. I love naps.
18. I survived 12 full summers at summer-camp and I hate spiders, mice, bats, snakes and the dark!
19. One of the things on my “20 things to do before you die” list is to write a book.
20. I would much rather be wise than smart.
21. I believe that the degree of joy we are able to experience is directly proportionate to the degree of sorrow we have known.
22. I have two butterfly tatoos - early mid-life crisis
23. My extended and immediate family is filled with cooks, bakers, and restaurant owners – I inherited absolutely none of their abilities.
24. My all-time favorite book is Tao of Leadership.
25. I don’t understand people without integrity.